Thursday, April 11, 2013

Reading the Writing On the Walls


Yesterday they fired a good friend of mines at work for no apparent reason. It hit home. I was expecting them to fire me. My sales numbers have been quite low for quite a while and I am having such difficulty bringing them up. I was temporarily spared this time for reasons I do not understand.
Why does it feel like I'm on American Idol during the elimination round? Sighing with relief that this time around it wasn't me. For my friend she wasn't as fortunate. It was her turn to leave the stage as many others have before her and as many others including me most probably will after her. Today there is an eerie feeling that could be felt throughout the entire workplace. The place has become so uncomfortable, uninspiring, and robotic that I'm starting to wonder between my friend and I which one of us is more fortunate?
I'm at the point where I know I can no longer procrastinate on finding a new job. I must start my job search now. I can sense when it is time for change and when the universe is hinting at me. I can hear the message clearly. It is saying "Don't wait. Start looking now. I have something in store for you. Seek and you shall find it." So find it I shall. I will keep you posted on my upcoming search. Let's make this fun. It's gonna be a challenge but a fun challenge.
I will start today with a fashion/interior design boutique. Let's knock on their door and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment