Tuesday, April 30, 2013

12 Reasons I Started a YouTube Channel.

1.   To share my truth and express myself. We all have our own vision and ideas. We all have that inner urge to want to share it with others, and to express ourselves. If we keep from expressing, if we keep ourselves bottled up, we die. Of the many different ways to express ourselves, making videos is  a form I'm excited about using. It has the power to create powerful messages.
 
2.   To start living my dream, my passion, and have fun. We all want to start living a purposeful life, a life that has meaning, a life that makes sense. This is where it starts for me. I may still be in the daily grind as I write this, but I've made the decision that I no longer want it. The daily grind is designed to keep us from unleashing our creativity. It turns us into identical, competitive, robotic beings living in fear, endlessly struggling, scratching, and stepping on each other to earn an existence. You call this normal??? Isn't there a better way? Shouldn't life be effortless? Why invest in the idea that life has to be difficult, repressive, or deficient? Life is what YOU make of it, and I intend to truly enjoy mines. What society dictates is a load of bull crap. We can only enjoy life when we do what makes US happy. If we want to change our lives, if we want to bring in happiness, we all have to do what WE want. We all have to start somewhere, somehow. This is where it starts for me.

3.   To build relationships. I want to contribute to a loving and growing spiritual community. I have to say that I am totally in awe and in love with the YouTube community. There is so much diversity, sincerity, concern, and love here. So many similar and like-minded individuals. A true mark of the shift that is taking place. We are all rising, shining our lights, and coming into unity. Regardless of geography, the internet is making it easier and easier to recognize and guide each other. When we witness true expressions of love and are all communicating from the heart, it becomes easier to form bonds and trusting relationships with each other.

4.   To come out of my shell. I am curious to find out who I truly am, and what extraordinary feats I am capable of. I can only do so by coming out and taking action. Remaining comfortable only keeps my life stagnant, and never did no one any good! Status quo is boring! Growth happens only when we come out of our comfort zones.

5.   To build a tougher skin. I want to get to a point where I no longer care about how others see me or what they think of me. What better way than to expose myself on YouTube? A place where all my foibles and imperfections will be seen by the world.  A place where I will be scrutinized and criticized by the masses. What better way to get back to our childlike innocence and learn how to live carefree?

6.   To keep my ego in check. This an extension to building a tougher skin, for the ego does not like to be criticized. And so what better way to learn how to accept constructive criticism? What better way to learn humility? Fame, popularity, and the "all eyes on me" assumption that comes with a YouTube channel has the potential to inflate the head. This will help me to keep constant vigil on my ego, motives, and intentions. I get to see how I react, or better yet how my ego reacts. Am I driven by fear, vanity, or the true desire to help raise others?

7.   To keep up with the times. I do not own a television. At times it can be a challenge in keeping up with what is happening around the world. As a YouTube personality discussing certain world issues, it becomes my responsibility to know what is going on. It becomes my responsibility to know what I'm talking about and to give my viewers accurate information. As an earth and spiritually conscious individual, what happens in the world is my problem and my business, therefore it becomes my responsibility to know my shit.

8.   To make myself accountable. I have a tendency to set goals and procrastinate on achieving them. I either lose faith in myself, become distracted, or am just plain lazy to take action. Working a full time job that sucks all the energy out of me doesn't help much either. By placing myself in the public eye, others will hold me accountable, and I cannot back out or make excuses. When my credibility and sincerity is on the line, it becomes easier to set goals and reach them. The last thing I want is to be known as a flake. So this will definitely serve in having me walk my talk.

9.   To learn to love myself. Seeing myself on camera on a regular basis and exposing my shortcomings to the world can work wonders for my courage and self esteem. This will be a lesson in facing myself and accepting me for who I am. The celebrity worship, self-scrutiny, self-depreciating thoughts, and the obsession with my looks all need to take a hike. Isn't it time we all learned to love ourselves and embrace our gifts together with our imperfections? The road to advancement is only through accepting the good with the bad. The road to growth is only through loving ourselves.

10.   To explore my creativity. There's nothing I live more for than in getting my creative juices flowing. All my life I've immersed myself in the visual arts, creating bold, unusual, and colorful expressions every chance I got, and on so many levels. I am discovering the joy and beauty in making videos, and the power of video in getting a message across. This time though I can get to use motion, time, speech, color, sound, graphics, and the works to express my creativity. I'm like a kid in a candy store! What fun... What joy!

11.   To come from the heart. Some experiences are meant for ourselves, but then there are those that are meant to be shared. I would not be who I am today without all of the experiences that others have shared with me. We all would not be the person we are today if others in our lives did not come from the heart. We all carry a piece of each other with us, therefore making us all united in some way.  It's no fun eating alone. Sometimes it's good to have company. Sometimes you just want to share. If I thoroughly enjoy something, I too would like the same joy for you. If I found something helpful, I too would like for you to receive the same benefit. You may or may not go along with my suggestions. You may even form your own opinion after that. But the joy is in the suggesting not in the result. The joy is in the intent. The joy is coming from the heart.

12.   To set an example and inspire others. As the old saying goes, the only way to teach is to teach by example. You can talk to someone til they're blue in the face, but talk will never inspire them to take action for themselves as best as demonstrating how it is done. People are inspired simply by what they see and what they like. In this parade we call life, I hope to outfit my float with such glitter and zest that others may consider hopping on board and joining in the festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment